Many people have trouble troubleshooting and finding out what is wrong with their air conditioner when it does not work. I found this excellent Youtube video from Word of Advice TV that shows what the top 10 air conditioner service call problems are. I have the video below. I have the problems listed below the video. You can see that many of these problems can be easily fixed and are easy inexpensive problems. I counted 17 top problems and 9 honorable mention problems. I hope this helps you find and fix your air conditioner’s problem. We would love to help you out and earn your business. Please email us anytime if you have any questions. firstname.lastname@example.org We Would Love to try and Help You Out and Earn Your Business! Steve & Barbara Arnold
- Bad Capacitor. Please click here to see the capacitors we sell.
- Refrigerant Leaks
- Plugged or stopped up condensate drain line. If you have a condensate pump make sure the pump is working and the condensate pump safety switch is not open.
- A bad control board on a furnace or heat pump.
- Bad condenser fan motor. Please click here to see the condenser fan motors we sell.
- The bad blower motor or bad blower motor capacitor. Please click here to see the blower motors we sell.
- Compressor shorted to ground. (will need a new compressor).
- Dirty furnace filter
- Tripped AC Breaker (If your AC is not coming on I would suggest turning the breaker completely off and back on again to make sure the breaker is on. Do not touch anything metal on your circuit breaker box for safety).
- AC completely out of refrigerant (Freon).
- Dirty Condenser Coil
- Bad Contactor. We sell contactors on the following page: Please click here to see the contactors we sell.
- Drain pan coil leaking water.
- Mouse or insect damage in the control box.
- Broken or loose wires.
- Locked Rotor on the compressor. Might use an SPP6 to unlock the compressor. Please click here to see the SPP6 compressor hard start booster we sell.
- Inefficient Compressor where the valves are blown on the compressor.
Honorable Mention Problems:
- The furnace switch turned off on the side of the furnace.
- Blown AC disconnect fuses.
- Evaporator Coil completely clogged with lint and dirt.
- Restricted metering device. Either restrictor pin orifice or TXV stopped up or not working properly.
- Cracked condenser fan blade.
- Thermostat bad or thermostat batteries bad.
- Low voltage transformer bad. Please click here if you are interested in the low voltage transformers we sell.
- The door safety switches on the furnace was not pushed all the way in. A furnace blower door is loose.
- Vandalism is where someone intentionally did something to cause the AC unit not to work.
You Can Search Our Site for More Troubleshooting Problems with Answers, Heating, Air Conditioning Parts and Supplies in the Google Search Box Below: