Question: What are the top 10 gas furnace troubleshooting problems? What should I be looking for if my furnace stops working?
Answer: We have this question asked quite often. We have a really good YouTube video from Word of Advice TV that discusses the top 10 furnace problems. Jay took the list from 315 service calls that he made during one heating season. One half of the video discusses the top 10 furnace problems and the other half of the video discusses honorable mention furnace problems. Many thanks to Word of Advice TV for making this excellent video! Here is the list of the top 10 problems and some of the honorable mention furnace troubleshooting problems. Please feel free to email us anytime if you have any questions. Our email address is Support@arnoldservice.com We would love to try and help you out and earn your business!
- A dirty flame sensor is the number one furnace troubleshooting problem.
- Having a dirty furnace filter that causes the furnace to go off on high limit. The furnace has poor airflow.
- Bad inducer motor.
- Bad blower motor.
- Bad control board.
- Bad gas valve and tied with having found a bad heat exchanger in the same number of service calls.
- Bad ignitor and tied with having found a plugged or stopped up evaporator coil in having the same number of service calls.
- Bad ignition module.
- Bad thermostat and tied with having found a dirty pilot assembly in having the same number of service calls.
- Plugged or stopped up condensate trap.
Honorable Mention Problems:
- High limit switch stuck open.
- Bad pressure switch.
- Noisy blower wheel or motor.
- Bad 3 wire pilot.
- Blown control board fuse.
- Furnace breaker tripped.
- Leaking collector box.
You Can Search Our Site for More Troubleshooting Problems, Heating, Air Conditioning Parts, and Supplies in the Google Seach box below.