Purchase the SWT01261 American Standard Trane Furnace Limit Switch from Us and Save!
This Furnace Limit Switch will be Shipped the Next Business Day. Order before 9 AM. Eastern Time for Same Day Shipping.
We Would Love to Help You Out and Have Your Business!
- SWT01261 American Standard Trane Furnace Limit Switch is a brand new OEM factory limit switch that comes in a Service First Factory OEM box.
- The SWT01261 Limit Switch is used on many Trane and American Standard furnaces. Please see the list of furnace models where this limit is used below.
- The specifications on the furnace limit switch are: THERMAL LIMIT, OPEN @ 260 F, CLOSE @ 230 DEG F. This means that this limit switch opens and cuts off the gas burners when the temperature inside the furnace heat exchanger reaches 260 F and closes back to allow the burners to come back on when the heat exchanger reaches a temperature of 230 Degrees F.
- FYI (For Your Information):
- A furnace limit is a safety device that is used to cut the gas burners off if the furnace over-heats.
- If your furnace is going off on the limit you might have an air flow problem like a dirty filter, dirty blower, slow blower motor (might need a new capacitor) stopped up evaporator coil or too much gas pressure.
- All of these can cause the furnace to over-heat and go off on the limit.
- Many times when the furnace goes off on limit the fan blower will continuously blow because the furnace control board senses that the furnace has over-heated and needs to cool down.
- The only way to get the blower to cut off is to turn off the furnace with the power switch.
- You can test a limit with a volt meter to see if it is open or not. On most limits, you should get 24 volts from each of the two wires on the limit to a good ground.
- Below we have a YouTube video made by GrayFurnaceman that shows how to test and troubleshoot a gas furnace limit switch.
- Please send us your furnace model number if you would like for us to check and make sure this is the right limit for your furnace. Our email address is: Support@arnoldservice.com
- We would Love to Help You Out and Have Your Business!
The SWT01261 limit is used on the following American Standard and Trane furnace models:
AUD060C936H1, AUD060C936H3, AUD060C936H4, AUD060C936J0, AUD060C936J1, AUD120C954A1, AUD120C954B0, AUD120C954B1, AUD120C954H0, AUD120C954H1, AUD120C954H3, AUD120C954H4, AUD120R954A1, AUD120R954A2, AUD120R954H0, AUD120R954H1, AUD120R954H3, AUD120R954H4, CUB060A936A0, CUB060A936B0, CUB060A936B1, CUB060A936C0, CUD120C954A1, CUD120C954A2, CUD120C954A3, CUD120R954A1, CUD120R954A2, CUD120R954A3, CUE060A936H1, CUE060A936K0, CUE060A936K1, TUD060C936H1, TUD060C936H3, TUD060C936H4, TUD060C936J0, TUD060C936J1, TUD060C936K0, TUD060C936X0, TUD060C936X1, TUD108CA54A0, TUD108CA54A1, TUD120C954A0, TUD120C954A1, TUD120C954B0, TUD120C954B1, TUD120C954H0, TUD120C954H1, TUD120C954H3, TUD120C954H4, TUD120R954A0, TUD120R954A1, TUD120R954A2, TUD120R954H0, TUD120R954H1, TUD120R954H3, TUD120R954H4, TUE060A936H1, TUE060A936K0, TUE060A936K1, TUE060A936K2, TUE060A936K3 and TUE060A936L0