Purchase the SWT01259 American Standard Trane Furnace Limit Switch from Us and Save!
This Furnace Limit Switch Will Be Shipped the Next Business Day. Order Before 9 AM. Eastern Time for Same Day Shipping.
We Would Love to Help You Out and Have Your Business!
- The SWT01259 American Standard Trane Furnace Limit Switch is a brand new OEM factory limit switch that comes in a Service First Factory OEM box.
- The SWT01259 Limit Switch is used on many Trane and American Standard furnaces.
- The specifications on the furnace limit switch are: THERMAL LIMIT, OPEN @ 190 F, CLOSE @ 160 DEG F. This means that this limit switch opens and cuts off the gas burners when the temperature inside the furnace heat ex-changer reaches 190 F and closes back to allow the burners to come back on when the heat ex-changer reaches a temperature of 160 Degrees F.
- FYI (For Your Information):
- A furnace limit is a safety device that is used to cut the gas burners off if the furnace over-heats.
- If your furnace is going off on limit you might have an air flow problem like a dirty filter, dirty blower, slow blower motor (might need a new capacitor) stopped up evaportator coil or too much gas pressure.
- All of these can cause the furnace to over-heat and go off on limit.
- Many times when the furnace goes off on limit the fan blower will continuously blow because the furnace control board senses that the furnace has over-heated and needs to cool down.
- The only way to get the blower to cut off is to turn off the furnace with the power switch.
- You can test a limit with a volt meter to see if it is open or not. On most limits you should get 24 volts from each of the two wires on the limit to a good ground.
- Below we have a YouTube video made by GrayFurnaceman that shows how to test and troubleshoot a gas furnace limit switch.
- Please send us your furnace model number if you would like for us to check and make sure this is the right limit for your furnace. Our email address is: Support@arnoldservice.com
- We try our best to answer all emails as soon as possible.
- We would Love to Help You Out and Have Your Business!